Montpelier, Vt. – The Vermont Department of Labor (VDOL) and State Workforce Development Board (SWDB) have partnered with prominent baseball teams in Vermont to host Triple Play Job Fest this July. Job Fest hiring events will take place in partnership with the Upper Valley Nighthawks in White River Junction (Friday, July 22), the Vermont Mountaineers in Montpelier (Wednesday, July 27), and the Vermont Lake Monsters in Burlington (Thursday, July 28).
“We are excited about the opportunity these events provide jobseekers and employers,” said Commissioner Michael Harrington. “Recruiting at a traditional job fair is more challenging than ever and we’re hoping this concept will provide employers with a new way to recruit in front of larger audiences. This is just one of the ways our teams are working to expand Vermont’s workforce and help employers fill jobs.”
Job Fest events in all locations are free to attend. By registering, attendees have the chance to speak with employers in some of Vermont’s most in-demand industries, including health care, education, construction, manufacturing, and more. Attendees will be able to track their conversations with employers with a ‘scorecard’ provided by the Department. By speaking with at least four employers, attendees will earn additional incentives sponsored by VDOL and SWDB, including free game admission and concessions vouchers.
To register in-advance for Triple Play Job Fest events, visit https://labor.vermont.gov/event/triple-play-job-fest or call 802-828-4394. Additional details can be found below.
White River Junction
- Friday, July 22 with the Upper Valley Nighthawks
- Maxfield Sports Complex, 120 Lesle Drive, White River Junction, VT 05001
- Hiring Event Time: 5:00pm (first pitch at 6:00pm)
- Participating Employers: Chippers Inc., Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, Milne Travel, Nolato GW, Springfield Hospital, Vermont Agency of Transportation, Vermont Department of Corrections, and Vermont Packinghouse
- Details: All attendees are provided with free admission to the game, plus a complimentary concessions voucher for participating in the job fair.
- Wednesday, July 27 with the Vermont Mountaineers
- Montpelier Recreation Field, Baseball Drive, Montpelier, VT 05602
- Hiring Event Time: 11:00am – 2:00pm (game at 6:35pm)
- Participating Employers: Barry Callebaut, Ben & Jerry’s, Cabot Creamery/Agri-Mark, Chittenden Regional Correctional Facility, Darn Tough Vermont, Gifford Health Care, Kingsbury Construction, LLC., Nolato GW, S.D. Ireland, U.S. Postal Service, Verizon Wireless, Vermont Agency of Transportation, Vermont Creamery, VSECU, and Washington County Mental Health
- Details: Job Fair participants will receive a free ticket to the Mountaineers game on 7/27 at 6:35pm against the Upper Valley Nighthawks. VDOL staff will be at the game to provide information on resources and services.
- Thursday, July 28 with the Vermont Lake Monsters
- Centennial Field, 98 University Road, Burlington, VT 05401
- Hiring Event Time: 5:30pm (first pitch at 6:35pm)
- Participating Employers: Barry Callebaut, Cabot Creamery/Agri-Mark, Dairy Farmers of America, Dynapower, Essex Westford School District, GLOBALFOUNDRIES, Husky Technologies, Perrigo, S.D. Ireland, Unilever/Ben & Jerry’s, UVM Medical Center, U.S. Postal Service, Vermont Agency of Transportation, and Vermont Air National Guard.
- Details: Pre-register to guarantee free admission. Walk-up registration will also be accepted as available. Participants in the job fair will receive a complimentary concessions voucher.
For additional information on the Vermont Department of Labor and its resources for jobseekers and employers, visit Labor.Vermont.gov.